Event: Tuesday July 23rd, 2019 6:00 PM
What does Social Storytelling mean?
How do brands, agencies, and storytellers craft stories to succeed in social media? Let’s find out.
We have gathered a panel of Experienced Storytellers to explore this topic. We will hear their unique perspectives and insights on storytelling and the intersection of storytelling and social media, including:
- Divining the appropriate mix of art and science in storytelling on a daily basis. How do we make sure to tell the stories we have to in a way that readers want to hear, share, or engage with them with ever-changing tastes? – Doug Busk, VP of Enterprise Communications at Emory University
- Creating a brand and storytelling through Instagram. – Brandon Butler, Executive Director of Butter.ATL
- Growing a niche business through content creation/story telling through blog, podcast, video, and social – Matt Davis, Host of The Atlanta Podcast
- The use of storytelling when creating and sharing short-form social video – Steve Denker, Senior Director of Marketing for Turner Classic Movies
- 6:00 – Registration Opens
- 6:00-7:00 – Networking and Registration
- 7:00-8:30 – Presentations and Panel Discussion
Doug Busk, VP of Enterprise Communications at Emory University
Over the span of his career, Doug has excelled at connecting fans to their favorite brands via omni-channel story-telling. In his current role as Vice President of Enterprise Communications at Emory University, he is responsible for university-wide media relations, internal communications, and owned channel content development (emory.edu, social media presence).
Previously, Doug was Group Director of Digital Communications & Social Media at The Coca-Cola Company, where responsibilities included overseeing the evolution and international expansion of the Coca-Cola Journey storytelling platform; driving strategic growth of the company’s corporate social media channels; and leading the development and execution of digital training and capability-building worldwide. In 2013, Doug spearheaded the creation and launch of the HUB Network, Coca-Cola’s global social listening, analysis and engagement platform, connecting and harmonizing the real-time work of more than 2,000 social media marketers worldwide.
Other notable achievements in Doug’s career include the strategy behind and implementation of the landmark mobile marketing and organizing efforts of the 2008 Obama presidential campaign and, while with Verizon Wireless, the establishment of mobile donation via text messaging in the US.
Brandon Butler, Executive Director of Butter.ATL
Brandon is Executive Director of Butter.ATL. A passionate fan of all things Atlanta, Brandon leads a team of modern content makers and producers for capturing the essence of authentic Atlanta culture. His focus is delivering content at the speed of culture, in a modern media world. Prior to joining Dagger, Brandon was a Principal at Accenture and VP, Dir. of Marketing Technology at Edelman.
Steve Denker, Senior Director of Marketing for Turner Classic Movies
As the Senior Director of Marketing for Turner Classic Movies (TCM), Steve Denker is responsible for the marketing and social media strategy, planning, allocation and campaign management across all channels. Steve led the marketing for FilmStruck, WarnerMedia’s first movie streaming service featuring independent, foreign, art house and classic films. Prior to joining WarnerMedia, he was a Principal Marketing and Media Consultant at TopRight Partners, and the Co-founder of Beach.com. Steve began his marketing career in Atlanta at The Coca-Cola Company.
Matt B. Davis, Host of The Atlanta Podcast
Matt created Obstacle Racing Media in 2012 to cover the world of obstacle racing through podcast, video, blog, and social media. He started The Atlanta Podcast in 2017 to interview chefs, artists, and anyone else in Atlanta he fancies.