Coming May 28th at 8:00 am we are bringing back one of our most popular events – and holding our annual PechaKucha meeting virtually! This will be the 5th time we have hosted our Social Shorts program – Social Media Club Atlanta PechaKucha, Powered by PechaKucha.
Submissions are now open for all to submit their 6-minute-40-second presentation ideas.
For those of you who have missed previous years’ events or haven’t heard of PechaKucha, here’s a primer:
PechaKucha 20×20 is a presentation format where you show 20 images, each for 20 seconds. The images advance automatically, and you talk along with the images. In other words, you’ve got 400 seconds to tell your story, with visuals guiding the way. PechaKucha is the ideal tool to share passions and drop some knowledge.
PechaKucha means “chit chat” in Japanese. This creative outlet began in Tokyo in 2003 as an event for young designers to meet, network, and show their work in public.
If you’re ready to share your smarts to Atlanta’s digital community, we are now accepting submissions for this year’s event. Need some ideas? Past presentation topics have included:
- Twitter: the World’s Greatest Sports Bar
- How Social Media made over the Fashion Industry
- What Happens in Vegas Goes on YouTube: Social Media Strategies and Crisis Communications
- Build a Profitable Business Brand for Your Non-profit with these 5 Social Media Strategies
- Finding the happily-ever-after in life and leadership
- Hooked on Story: How to Make Your Brand a Habit
- Embracing the Digital Social R/evolution
- FOMO|The Mobile Device & Ad Men
- Southeast Green
- It’s all about giving back!
- My Little Pony: Marketing Is Magic
Submission ideas are due May 15 – just fill out this handy dandy PK speaker form: https://forms.gle/RgYBXsN516ftgJ4M9